EMBRACE RICHMOND: serves a growing number of communities around the city by training and coaching leaders from within communities, congregations, and faith-based organizations in Asset Based Community Development principles and practices. Communities get stronger when residents begin doing what they can with what they have and doing it together.
Churches and faith-based organizations bring essential ingredients to the community transformation story like: faith, God’s love, kingdom vision, prophetic imagination, Biblical values, resources and much more. Embrace Richmond’s mission is to strengthen neighborhoods by coaching, training and connecting neighborhood and congregational leaders who desire to be agents of change in their own communities.
Embrace Richmond is seeking a part-time Office Administrator. We hope to fill the position by the end of January 2015.
Job Description: The Office Administrator will insure Embrace Richmond’s corporate operations are managed in a professional way and with excellence.
- General office management duties (Est. 4 hours per week):
- Pick up mail, write out payments, make bank deposits
- Record donor information, send thank you notes, update contact database
- Processing of monthly payroll and maintaining of HR files
- Record transactions in Quickbooks and produce monthly financial statements
- Ordering office supplies
- Coordination of communications: (Est. 4 hours per week):
- Maintain website (WordPress site), Facebook group pages and twitter accounts with the goal of educating and recruiting volunteers, donors and partners.
- Produce quarterly e-newsletters
- Maintain the organizational database
- Update donor / partner website information (Guidestar, Give Richmond, CFA, etc.)
- Printing and compiling training materials
- Sending out reminders for group gatherings and training events
- Coordination of special events : Annual Embrace the Streets Tour and Annual Donor/Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
- Other administrative duties as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or minimum of 2 years related experience
- Experienced with WordPress and website content management
- Demonstrated aptitude and competence with word processing, excel spreadsheets, computerized database management, and financial information reporting systems (Quickbooks)
- Demonstrated ability to create, present and market a concept using social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications skills
- A demonstrated history of excellent relationship skills, has a history of trusting relationships with donors and volunteers helpful
- Demonstrated understanding of Embrace Richmond’ vision, mission and practices and an ability to communicate this message
- A self-starter, self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction.
- Demonstrated ability to be a cooperative, flexible, and adaptable team player
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and prioritize work based on urgency and importance
- Ability to work independently and manage his/ her time
Job Scope: This is a part-time hourly position requiring 15 hours per week. Rate of pay commensurate with experience. All work is to be performed at the Embrace corporate offices located at 1010 W. Laburnum, Richmond Va.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to Wendy McCaig via email at Wendy@embracerichmond.org